A Course in Miracles
God is in everything I see.
1. The idea for today explains why you can see all purpose in everything. 2 It explains why nothing is separate, by itself or in itself. 3 And it explains why nothing you see means anything. 4 In fact, it explains every idea we have used thus far, and all subsequent ones as well. 5 Today’s idea is the whole basis for vision.
2. You will probably find this idea very difficult to grasp at this point. 2 You may find it silly, irreverent, senseless, funny and even objectionable. 3 Certainly God is not in a table, for example, as you see it. 4 Yet we emphasized yesterday that a table shares the purpose of the universe. 5 And what shares the purpose of the universe shares the purpose of its Creator.
3. Try then, today, to begin to learn how to look on all things with love, appreciation and open-mindedness. 2 You do not see them now. 3 Would you know what is in them? 4 Nothing is as it appears to you. 5 Its holy purpose stands beyond your little range. 6 When vision has shown you the holiness that lights up the world, you will understand today’s idea perfectly. 7 And you will not understand how you could ever have found it difficult.
4. Our six two-minute practice periods for today should follow a now familiar pattern: Begin with repeating the idea to yourself, and then apply it to randomly chosen subjects about you, naming each one specifically. 2 Try to avoid the tendency toward self-directed selection, which may be particularly tempting in connection with today’s idea because of its wholly alien nature. 3 Remember that any order you impose is equally alien to reality.
5. Your list of subjects should therefore be as free of self-selection as possible. 2 For example, a suitable list might include:
4 God is in this magazine.
5 God is in this finger.
6 God is in this lamp.
7 God is in that body.
8 God is in that door.
9 God is in that waste basket.
10 In addition to the assigned practice periods, repeat the idea for today at least once an hour, looking slowly about you as you say the words unhurriedly to yourself. 11 At least once or twice, you should experience a sense of restfulness as you do this.
Experience Lesson 29
Reflections of Light
Everything you see is a projection of your mind. Since your mind is an extension of God’s consciousness, God is in everything that you see. A false belief that you are separate is all that blocks true Vision. The ego mind chooses to see God in nothing, rather than everything. This is false perception.
When you remember who you are, everything you see is Love. You are on the precipice of letting go into that Love now. This is the Love that you are.
Share your insights on this lesson and open further to the Light with the support of your community. Please review the community guidelines before posting.
- Share your insights with the community! Add a topic below...
You must be logged in to create new topics.
You are Love’s Light
There is another way of looking at the world. A way in which holiness envelopes everything you see and giving and receiving are one. You are this holiness. Love created you like itself and there is nothing you can do to change this. You merely had a dream you were separate. You have chosen now to awaken from your sleep. You have chosen to remember who you are. You are Love’s Light.