A Course in Miracles
There is no love but God’s.
1. Perhaps you think that different kinds of love are possible. 2 Perhaps you think there is a kind of love for this, a kind for that; a way of loving one, another way of loving still another. 3 Love is one. 4 It has no separate parts and no degrees; no kinds nor levels, no divergencies and no distinctions. 5 It is like itself, unchanged throughout. 6 It never alters with a person or a circumstance. 7 It is the Heart of God, and also of His Son.
2. Love’s meaning is obscure to anyone who thinks that love can change. 2 He does not see that changing love must be impossible. 3 And thus he thinks that he can love at times, and hate at other times. 4 He also thinks that love can be bestowed on one, and yet remain itself although it is withheld from others. 5 To believe these things of love is not to understand it. 6 If it could make such distinctions, it would have to judge between the righteous and the sinner, and perceive the Son of God in separate parts.
3. Love cannot judge. 2 As it is one itself, it looks on all as one. 3 Its meaning lies in oneness. 4 And it must elude the mind that thinks of it as partial or in part. 5 There is no love but God’s, and all of love is His. 6 There is no other principle that rules where love is not. 7 Love is a law without an opposite. 8 Its wholeness is the power holding everything as one, the link between the Father and the Son which holds Them both forever as the same.
4. No course whose purpose is to teach you to remember what you really are could fail to emphasize that there can never be a difference in what you really are and what love is. 2 Love’s meaning is your own, and shared by God Himself. 3 For what you are is what He is. 4 There is no love but His, and what He is, is everything there is. 5 There is no limit placed upon Himself, and so are you unlimited as well.
5. No law the world obeys can help you grasp love’s meaning. 2 What the world believes was made to hide love’s meaning, and to keep it dark and secret. 3 There is not one principle the world upholds but violates the truth of what love is, and what you are as well.
6. Seek not within the world to find your Self. 2 Love is not found in darkness and in death. 3 Yet it is perfectly apparent to the eyes that see and ears that hear love’s Voice. 4 Today we practice making free your mind of all the laws you think you must obey; of all the limits under which you live, and all the changes that you think are part of human destiny. 5 Today we take the largest single step this course requests in your advance towards its established goal.
7. If you achieve the faintest glimmering of what love means today, you have advanced in distance without measure and in time beyond the count of years to your release. 2 Let us together, then, be glad to give some time to God today, and understand there is no better use for time than this.
8. For fifteen minutes twice today escape from every law in which you now believe. 2 Open your mind and rest. 3 The world that seems to hold you prisoner can be escaped by anyone who does not hold it dear. 4 Withdraw all value you have placed upon its meager offerings and senseless gifts, and let the gift of God replace them all.
9. Call to your Father, certain that His Voice will answer. 2 He Himself has promised this. 3 And He Himself will place a spark of truth within your mind wherever you give up a false belief, a dark illusion of your own reality and what love means. 4 He will shine through your idle thoughts today, and help you understand the truth of love. 5 In loving gentleness He will abide with you, as you allow His Voice to teach love’s meaning to your clean and open mind. 6 And He will bless the lesson with His Love.
10. Today the legion of the future years of waiting for salvation disappears before the timelessness of what you learn. 2 Let us give thanks today that we are spared a future like the past. 3 Today we leave the past behind us, nevermore to be remembered. 4 And we raise our eyes upon a different present, where a future dawns unlike the past in every attribute.
11. The world in infancy is newly born. 2 And we will watch it grow in health and strength, to shed its blessing upon all who come to learn to cast aside the world they thought was made in hate to be love’s enemy. 3 Now are they all made free, along with us. 4 Now are they all our brothers in God’s Love.
12. We will remember them throughout the day, because we cannot leave a part of us outside our love if we would know our Self. 2 At least three times an hour think of one who makes the journey with you, and who came to learn what you must learn. 3 And as he comes to mind, give him this message from your Self:
Experience Lesson 127
Reflections of Light
You want to love and to be loved. But, so long as you think that there is a kind of love for this, a kind of love for that, and another way of loving still another, you do not know love. You are asking for special love, which is changing love, where you love at times and hate at other times, or are loving to some you deem to be deserving while withholding love from others. These are the laws of love the world obeys. If this is what you ask for, this is what you will receive.
But this is not love and somewhere in your heart you know it. Until your ideas about love are corrected, the special love you are requesting will hide the real meaning of love and keep you forever seeking for what, if ever found, is eventually lost and can never satisfy.
Seek not within the world to find your Self. You are love: wholly loving and wholly loveable. There can never be a difference in what love is and what you are. Because you are love, you can experience love at any time. You can escape from every law you now believe about love and about yourself because you can access love whenever you choose.
When you call sincerely to God, His Voice will answer. Open your heart and mind and rest from your illusions for fifteen minutes twice today. Listen. You are promised that the spark of truth within you will ignite as you are willing to let go of false beliefs about what love means and who you really are. Even the faintest glimmer of what love means, will lead to a realization of your true Self, if only for an instant. In this instant, you step out of time and space advancing in distance without measure and in time beyond the count of years.
Love is one. It has no separate parts, degrees, kinds or distinctions. Love is changeless and never alters with a person or circumstance. Love cannot judge. Love is the law without an opposite. There is no love but God’s and all of love is His. It is the Heart of God, and also of His Sons. You are asked to actualize this love in your life by extending it throughout your day, because you cannot leave a part of yourself outside love and know your true Self.
Share your insights on this lesson and open further to the Light with the support of your community. Please review the community guidelines before posting.
You are Love’s Light
There is another way of looking at the world. A way in which holiness envelopes everything you see and giving and receiving are one. You are this holiness. Love created you like itself and there is nothing you can do to change this. You merely had a dream you were separate. You have chosen now to awaken from your sleep. You have chosen to remember who you are. You are Love’s Light.