A Course in Miracles
I thank my Father for His gifts to me.
1. Today let us be thankful. 2 We have come to gentler pathways and to smoother roads. 3 There is no thought of turning back, and no implacable resistance to the truth. 4 A bit of wavering remains, some small objections and a little hesitance, but you can well be grateful for your gains, which are far greater than you realize.
2. A day devoted now to gratitude will add the benefit of some insight into the real extent of all the gains which you have made; the gifts you have received. 2 Be glad today, in loving thankfulness, your Father has not left you to yourself, nor let you wander in the dark alone. 3 Be grateful He has saved you from the self you thought you made to take the place of Him and His creation. 4 Give Him thanks today.
3. Give thanks that He has not abandoned you, and that His Love forever will remain shining on you, forever without change. 2 Give thanks as well that you are changeless, for the Son He loves is changeless as Himself. 3 Be grateful you are saved. 4 Be glad you have a function in salvation to fulfill. 5 Be thankful that your value far transcends your meager gifts and petty judgments of the one whom God established as His Son.
4. Today in gratitude we lift our hearts above despair, and raise our thankful eyes, no longer looking downward to the dust. 2 We sing the song of thankfulness today, in honor of the Self that God has willed to be our true Identity in Him. 3 Today we smile on everyone we see, and walk with lightened footsteps as we go to do what is appointed us to do.
5. We do not go alone. 2 And we give thanks that in our solitude a Friend has come to speak the saving Word of God to us. 3 And thanks to you for listening to Him. 4 His Word is soundless if it be not heard. 5 In thanking Him the thanks are yours as well. 6 An unheard message will not save the world, however mighty be the Voice that speaks, however loving may the message be.
6. Thanks be to you who heard, for you become the messenger who brings His Voice with you, and lets It echo round and round the world. 2 Receive the thanks of God today, as you give thanks to Him. 3 For He would offer you the thanks you give, since He receives your gifts in loving gratitude, and gives them back a thousand and a hundred thousand more than they were given. 4 He will bless your gifts by sharing them with you. 5 And so they grow in power and in strength, until they fill the world with gladness and with gratitude.
7. Receive His thanks and offer yours to Him for fifteen minutes twice today. 2 And you will realize to Whom you offer thanks, and Whom He thanks as you are thanking Him. 3 This holy half an hour given Him will be returned to you in terms of years for every second; power to save the world eons more quickly for your thanks to Him.
8. Receive His thanks, and you will understand how lovingly He holds you in His Mind, how deep and limitless His care for you, how perfect is His gratitude to you. 2 Remember hourly to think of Him, and give Him thanks for everything He gave His Son, that he might rise above the world, remembering his Father and his Self.
Experience Lesson 123
Reflections of Light
This day is given to thankfulness. You are promised that you have progressed to gentler pathways and smoother roads and that you will not retreat to your former resistance to the truth. Only a bit of wavering remains. You have made greater gains than you realize.
Devote the day to gratitude and become consciously aware of all the gains you have made. You can give thanks for the truth that God has not abandoned you and that you are the changeless Son he loves. You were never alone and realizing this you understand you do not go alone.
Practicing gratitude will lift your heart, which will extend to everyone you see. You bring His voice with you everywhere you walk with lightened footsteps. As you give, you receive a thousand and hundred thousand times more than they were given. Carry this gratitude in your mind throughout the day and give it away. This is your true function in the world. Actualize your gift of Christ consciousness. This is your heart’s desire; your true identity.
Share your insights on this lesson and open further to the Light with the support of your community. Please review the community guidelines before posting.
- Share your insights with the community! Add a topic below...
You must be logged in to create new topics.
You are Love’s Light
There is another way of looking at the world. A way in which holiness envelopes everything you see and giving and receiving are one. You are this holiness. Love created you like itself and there is nothing you can do to change this. You merely had a dream you were separate. You have chosen now to awaken from your sleep. You have chosen to remember who you are. You are Love’s Light.