A Course in Miracles
I seek but what belongs to me in truth.
1. Today’s idea continues with the thought that joy and peace are not but idle dreams. 2 They are your right, because of what you are. 3 They come to you from God, Who cannot fail to give you what He wills. 4 Yet must there be a place made ready to receive His gifts. 5 They are not welcomed gladly by a mind that has instead received the gifts it made where His belong, as substitutes for them.
2. Today we would remove all meaningless and self-made gifts which we have placed upon the holy altar where God’s gifts belong. 2 His are the gifts that are our own in truth. 3 His are the gifts that we inherited before time was, and that will still be ours when time has passed into eternity. 4 His are the gifts that are within us now, for they are timeless. 5 And we need not wait to have them. 6 They belong to us today.
3. Therefore, we choose to have them now, and know, in choosing them in place of what we made, we but unite our will with what God wills, and recognize the same as being one. 2 Our longer practice periods today, the hourly five minutes given truth for your salvation, should begin with this:
4 Then lay aside the conflicts of the world that offer other gifts and other goals made of illusions, witnessed to by them, and sought for only in a world of dreams.
4. All this we lay aside, and seek instead that which is truly ours, as we ask to recognize what God has given us. 2 We clear a holy place within our minds before His altar, where His gifts of peace and joy are welcome, and to which we come to find what has been given us by Him. 3 We come in confidence today, aware that what belongs to us in truth is what He gives. 4 And we would wish for nothing else, for nothing else belongs to us in truth.
5. So do we clear the way for Him today by simply recognizing that His Will is done already, and that joy and peace belong to us as His eternal gifts. 2 We will not let ourselves lose sight of them between the times we come to seek for them where He has laid them. 3 This reminder will we bring to mind as often as we can:
5 God’s gifts of joy and peace are all I want.
Experience Lesson 104
Reflections of Light
Happiness, joy and peace are God’s eternal gifts. Within the altar of your mind, exchange the meaningless personal gifts and goals you made through the ego’s thought system, with what belongs to you in truth.
Your ego’s thought system is based on specialness and desires, and needs of a separate, personal self. These are illusory thoughts, seeking illusory satisfaction. They foster a world of illusions and engender pain, suffering and fear. All these thoughts block the awareness of God’s love within you.
Remember today to lay aside your specialness and let go of your world of dreams for an instant. (4:1) “All this we lay aside, and seek instead that which is truly ours, as we ask to recognize what God has given us.” You are the decision maker. When tempted to be caught up in the dream, remind yourself: (5:4-5) “I seek but what belongs to me in truth. God’s gifts of joy and peace are all I want.” As you bring your specialness, conflicts, guilt and fear to Him, you clear a holy place within your mind.
Open to receive His eternal gifts of joy and peace today. As you recognize there is only Mind, you remember His Will is your will. In this remembering radiates the light and love of God.
Share your insights on this lesson and open further to the Light with the support of your community. Please review the community guidelines before posting.
- Share your insights with the community! Add a topic below...
You must be logged in to create new topics.
You are Love’s Light
There is another way of looking at the world. A way in which holiness envelopes everything you see and giving and receiving are one. You are this holiness. Love created you like itself and there is nothing you can do to change this. You merely had a dream you were separate. You have chosen now to awaken from your sleep. You have chosen to remember who you are. You are Love’s Light.